Circuit Desktop App
Circuit Desktop App provides an excellent way to access Circuit on your desktop computer without having to open one more tab in your browser. It supports all the features of Circuit on the web and more: the app can launch automatically when your system starts, allows screen share initiators to enable the mouse pointer for viewers to draw attention to specific points, run from the system tray (notification area) on Windows.
Circuit Desktop App can be installed on Microsoft Windows (7 or later, 64-bit version) or Apple Max OS X (10.6 Snow Leopard or later).
- To download and install the Circuit Desktop App:
- On the web client, click your user name and navigate to .
- Locate the Circuit Desktop App extension.
- Click Download and wait for the file to download.
- Double-click the downloaded file (CircuitSetup.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the Circuit Desktop App.
Circuit will launch automatically once it is installed. You need to read the End-User License Agreement and agree with its terms before you start using the app.
- To uninstall the Circuit Desktop App:
On your Windows system
- Navigate to .
- Locate the Circuit <version number> program and click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the Circuit app on Windows.
On your Mac OS system
- Go to the Finder in OS X.
- Navigate to the Applications folder and select the Circuit Desktop App.
- Either drag the app icon to the Trash or right-click and select Move to Trash.
- Right-click on the Trash can and select Empty Trash.
Circuit Desktop App will be removed from your computer.
Other useful things to know:
Desktop App has a menu bar with File, Edit, View, Window and Help menus.
Circuit Desktop App on Windows runs in the system tray so that you continue to receive notifications from Circuit even if you close the app window by clicking X in its upper-right corner.Note:
If you close the app window by clicking X in its upper-right corner while you are on a call, your call will be disconnected.
When clicking the Circuit icon in the system tray, a context menu appears with the following options:
Open: Opens the Circuit Desktop App window
Check for updates...: Checks for new, uninstalled updates
Settings: Opens the Settings dialog
About: Opens the About dialog
Exit: Exits the Circuit Desktop App and removes Circuit from the system tray.
When the Circuit Desktop App detects and downloads an update after an automatic check for updates, a popup notification appears in the system tray and the option Check for updates... in the context menu turns into Update Circuit... Select this option to restart the Circuit Desktop App and install the update.
Double-clicking the Circuit icon in the system tray opens the Circuit Desktop App window.
Thank you for your rating.