How do I configure my audio/video devices for best results?
All sounds that come from Circuit by default go through the audio device as configured on your computer.
- To configure the default audio device on your Windows system, do the following:
- Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and click Playback devices.
- Go to the Playback tab. The selected Default Device has the green checkmark.
- If the device isn’t already set as the default device, select it and then click Set Default.
- In Circuit you can set the audio/video devices you want to use for voice or video communication (e.g., your headset) and a possibly separate audio device you want to ring when you get a call (e.g., speakers).
- On the web client or Desktop App, click your user name and then click .
- Under Audio output area, choose the device you want to use for calls in Circuit (e.g., your headset).
- Under Ringing output area, choose the device you want to play back ring tones from Circuit (e.g., your speakers).
- Under Microphone area, choose the device you want to use for calls in Circuit (e.g., your headset).
- Under Camera area, choose the device you want to use for video calls in Circuit.
The Audio output and Ringing output options are only available in Chrome browser and Desktop App.Note:
You can quickly check and change your audio output, microphone and camera device by clicking on the at the top of your Circuit application. You have to click Save for the changes to take effect. You can also be redirected toby clicking on More Options.
- You can test out your audio and video settings in Circuit before making that important call. For details please refer to Testing my camera and microphone.
Thank you for your rating.