Adding an incoming webhook bot in a domain
An incoming webhook bot is a bot user that can post messages received via an incoming webhook.
You are the administrator of the domain or a user with developer read/write access rights.
You have to enable Incoming Webhooks Bots feature in Circuit Labs.
The bot app limit has not been reached. You can see the limit and the already created apps in the Manage applications > Apps tab.
As a domain administrator, you can add an incoming webhook bot in the domain. Users in the domain will be then able to connect the bot to an incoming webhook they configure for posting messages to a Circuit conversation so that the bot will appear as the author of the messages.
- On the web client and Desktop App, click your user name, and then click Manage applications.
- Click the Custom Apps tab.
- Click Create.
- In the window that pops up, click on the arrow in the Incoming webhook bot frame. Note:
If the maximum number of bots has been reached, the option to create an incoming webhook bot is disabled.
- In the Create Bot window enter necessary information for Bot name and Description.
- When you finish entering information, click Add.
After creation, a screen appears showing a default avatar for the bot. You can click on the avatar to add your custom avatar image.
Thank you for your rating.