Installing Circuit for Outlook
In order to integrate your Microsoft Outlook with Circuit, you have first to download and install Circuit for Outlook.
This application can only be installed on Windows operating system and it is compatible with Microsoft Outlook version 2010 and higher.
You need administration rights on the targeted system on which you want to install Circuit for Outlook.
Any instance of Microsoft Outlook has to be closed prior to the installation of this application. Otherwise, you will need to restart your computer in order to accomplish the installation process.
When installed, Circuit for Outlook overwrites any existing Outlook Contact Card integration. This happens because Outlook supports only one Instant Messaging (IM) provider at a time. For all of your contacts (and their related Contact Cards) you will be using Circuit to place a call or send messages via Circuit. Whenever you want you can replace the existing IM provider with the Contact Card. In case you do not want to user Circuit for Outlook Contact Card functionality, you can deactivate it under the Circuit tab (in Microsoft Outlook 2010 and higher, click File).
If you already have Circuit for Outlook version 1.0.061 or higher, each time there is a new version available, the automatic update will allow you to update your Circuit for Outlook. The automatic update is activated when Outlook starts and the only thing you need to do is to restart your Outlook in order for the updates to take effect.
In case you are installing Circuit for Outlook for the first time or you have already installed Circuit for Outlook version less than 1.0.061, do the following:
- On the web client, click your user name and then click Settings.
- Navigate to the Extensions tab.
- Locate the Microsoft Outlook integration extension and then click Download.
The application will be downloaded and ready for the installation.
- Start the circuit4outlook.exe and follow the on-screen instructions to install this application.
- If Visual Studio Tools for Office (VSTO) is not already installed on your machine, it will be installed automatically now. This might take a while.
- To ensure that the Contact Card functionality is enabled, click Launch on the installer window (if presented).
Circuit for Outlook has been installed on the targeted system.Note: When upgrading your Microsoft Outlook to a newer version (e.g. from 2010 to 2013), you have to reinstall Circuit for Outlook by following the aforementioned steps.
Thank you for your rating.