Assigning a phone number to a user
Once the OpenScape Cloud is configured and active, you can assign a phone number to a user in your domain so that they are able to make and receive phone calls through Circuit.
You can also set whether the user has a supported phone that can be used with OpenScape Cloud.
- On the web client and Desktop App, click your user name, and then click Administration.
- Click the Users tab.
- Select the user to whom you want to assign a phone number.
- Locate the Cloud telephony section.
- Click Select next to Phone number and select a phone number from the list displayed.
- From the drop-down list next to Call permissions select the call permission that will be assigned to the user:
International - allows calls to international numbers.
National - allows calls to phone numbers within the country as it is identified by the country code in the phone number.
Local - allows calls only to the area as it is identified by the area code in the phone number.
Office (internal only) - allows calls only to private numbers.
Premium - allows unrestricted calls.
- If the user has a supported phone that can be used with OpenScape Cloud, tick the Desk phone available check box.
- Click Save.
The user is able to make and receive phone calls on their assigned phone number. If a phone has been assigned to the user, the user can navigate toto find a Deployment PIN and a Security PIN for their device. These PINs must be entered into the phone before it is ready for use with OpenScape Cloud.
- If you want to unassign a phone number from the user, click Unassign.
This will also result in unregistering the user’s phone from OpenScape Cloud, if they have one. Any existing connection of the device to OpenScape Cloud / Circuit will be disabled.
Thank you for your rating.