Adding or editing a whiteboard during a conference call on the Circuit Meeting Room
When a Circuit Meeting Room is added to a conference call, it can show any whiteboard shared by conference participants. All changes participants make on the whiteboard are shown to the Circuit Meeting Room’s display alongside their name.
If you are physically in the same room as the Circuit Meeting Room and a standard touch screen is connected to the device, you can also add or edit a whiteboard directly on the Circuit Meeting Room.
A standard Full-HD touch screen is connected to the Circuit Meeting Room acting both as a display and an input device. Multi-touch is recommended.
The connection is through DP1 for video signal and via USB for touch control.
Touch screen needs to be connected as secondary screen (DP2). Otherwise the dynamic screen swap option on Circuit Meeting Room (V1R6 or later) must be set to "on".
The Circuit Meeting Room has been added to a conference.
- To add a whiteboard to the active conference, tap the icon on the call action bar.
The whiteboard is shown on the Circuit Meeting Room display. If the Circuit Meeting Room is configured with dual display, the whiteboard is shown on the secondary one that is assumed to be the touch screen.
The whiteboard is in edit mode, which means that a set of tools are displayed to the right of the whiteboard and available to you to edit it. The tools are arranged in a toolbar, which is collapsed by default.
- To expand the toolbar to show all whiteboard tools, tap to the bottom of it.
- To collapse the toolbar again, tap to the bottom of it.
- Use the following tools to edit the whiteboard:
- Select: select an object on the whiteboard so that you may move or resize it
- Pencil: create a free draw or draw text
- Weight selector: select from a list of available options the line weight to be used when drawing free draws, lines, arrows, rectangles and ellipses
The weight selector icon changes according to the selected line weight and color.
- Ellipse: create ellipses
- Rectangle: create rectangles
- Line: create straight lines
- Arrow: create arrows
- Undo: undo your last action
- Eraser: delete the selected object
- Color selector: select from a list of available options the line color to be used when drawing free draws, lines, arrows, rectangles and ellipses
- Clear whiteboard: clear all content that has been added to the whiteboard
All changes you make on the whiteboard are shown to all conference participants.
- To put the whiteboard in view-only mode, tap on the call action bar.
The whiteboard tools are no longer displayed.
- To put the whiteboard in edit mode, tap on the call action bar.
The whiteboard tools are displayed to the right of the whiteboard and you can use them to edit the whiteboard.
- If a conference participant shares a screen while the whiteboard is in progress, the screen share and the whiteboard cannot be both displayed at the same time on the Circuit Meeting Room. While a display shows any of them, you can easily switch to the other by tapping on the call action bar that appears on the touch screen.
- In case there is an active whiteboard when the conference call is ended and all the participants leave the call, the whiteboard is saved automatically. A new post is created in the conversation having the whiteboard attached in png format so that everyone in the conversation can access it.
Thank you for your rating.