Adding participants to a conference in a group conversation
In Circuit, conferences are started from group conversations or Conference Bridge.
Depending whether you want to add someone just to an ongoing conference call or to the conversation and the call, you have to perform one of the following actions:
- To add a new participant to an ongoing call, without permanently adding them to the conversation:
- Start a voice call, video call or screen share session.
- Click or tap the Add to conference button() in the lower-left corner of the call action bar (shown only when you are in a conference). Note:
When you click on the aforementioned button, it will suggest members of the conversation that have not joined the call yet. This allows you to ring out to them on their Circuit clients or dial out to them on their phone number rather than waiting for them to join the call.
- Enter the name or phone number of the person you want to add to the call into the Search box.
As you type in, a list of suggested names is displayed to select from. You can select to ring out to the person on their Circuit clients or dial out to them on a phone number (if there is at least one phone number specified on their profile).
- To finish adding the person to the call:
On the web client and Desktop App, click Add.
On the Android mobile client, tap .
The person is ringed out on their Circuit clients or dialed out on their phone number. Once the call is answered, the person's avatar is displayed on the call stage and a notification sound is played.
The person is not added to the conversation, if not already a member of it, and cannot see the content of the conversation or share anything with the participants while in the conference.
- To add a new participant to an ongoing call and, at the same time, permanently add them to the conversation:
- Start a voice call, video call or screen share session on the web client or Desktop App.
- Click on the conversation header.
- Enter the name of the person you want to add both, to the call and to the conversation or select the name from the list of recent contacts.
As you type in, a list of suggested names is displayed along with the person’s status so that you quickly see if they are available.
- Click Add.
The person is added to the conversation and ringed out on their Circuit client. Once the call is answered, their avatar is displayed on the call stage and a notification sound is played.
Thank you for your rating.