Adding participants to an active call in a direct conversation
In Circuit when you have a direct call, you can add participants to the active call or you can add participants both to the conversation and to the call.
Depending whether you want to add someone just to an ongoing call or to the conversation and the call, you have to perform one of the following actions:
- On the web client and Desktop App, to add a user to an active call without permanently adding them to the conversation, you have to perform the steps below:
- Select the direct call to which you want to add someone and establish the call.
- Click icon on the call action bar and then select Add people.
- Enter the name of the person you want to add to the call into the Search box.
As you type in, a list of suggested names is displayed to select from.Note:
If the administrator has enabled Conference dial out for you, you can enter the phone number of the person you want to add to the call into the Search box.
- To finish adding the person to the call, click Start.
Once the call is answered and the person is a Circuit user, the person's avatar is displayed on the call stage. Next to the person’s name, an orange icon is displayed to indicate that the specific person is a guest to the call.
Once the call is ended, the conversation’s window is no more shown to the guest’s screen.
- To add a new participant to an ongoing direct call and, at the same time, permanently add them to the conversation:
- Select the direct conversation to which you want to add someone or create a conversation.
- When you use Desktop App, navigate to > Add people on the conversation header.
When you use web client, clickon the conversation header.
- Search for the person or people that you want to add to the conversation or select the names from the Suggestions list.
As you type in a person’s name, a list of suggested names is displayed along with the person’s status, so that you quickly see if they are available.
- Select the name of the person you want to add to the direct conversation and click Start.
As soon as you add one or more additional participants to an active call in a direct conversation, the conversation is turned into a group conversation and the call is turned into a conference.
The participant is added to the active call, their avatar is displayed on the call stage and a notification sound is played.
Thank you for your rating.