Starting a conference
You can quickly start a conference with other participants while being in a group conversation or in a Conference Bridge.
- Start a new group conversation or Conference Bridge, or select an existing one from the conversation selector list.
- Click or tap to start a voice conference or to start a video conference.
The conference session starts and is made available for joining, and all participants will hear a notification sound.
On the invited participant’s client, the message Conference in progress will be displayed under the conversation title in the conversation selector.Note:
If you are the initiator of the conference and no others have joined yet or if you are the only participant left on the conference, the message The conference is now available for all participants to join will be displayed until the next participant joins.
Your microphone is automatically muted. You need to unmute it when you want to talk.
- If you want to ring out the people rather than wait for them to join:
- with 10 or less invited participants, click or tap Ring all
- in a larger conference (more than 10 participants), the button Ring all will not be displayed, since ringing everyone out can cause a lot of annoyance.
If there are specific persons that you are waiting to join a conference, you can also ring out those individuals when using the Circuit web client or Desktop App. To do this, go to the Details tab of a Conversation, hover over the name of the participant you want to ring out, and then click Ring.
People who answer the call join the conference unmuted.
- To leave an active conference:
On the iOS mobile client, tap .
On any other client, click or tap Leave.
- To rejoin an active conference you left:
On the web client and Desktop App, click Join conference
On the mobile client, swipe when prompted.
To ensure that the guests of a previous conference will not have access to this conference, you can generate a new conference PIN and URL, by clicking or tapping Change details from the(on the web client and Desktop App) or (on the mobile client) screen.
The current participants of the conversation will be notified about the changes, so that they can communicate to the potential guests the new conference details (i.e. PIN and URL).
Other useful things you can do while being in a conference:
- Join, rejoin or leave the conference
- Invite someone to join the conference
- Share your screen via the web client or Desktop App
- View screen shares
- Mute or unmute your microphone
- Turn your video on or off
- Turn incoming video on or off
- Turn speaker on or off on the mobile client
- Record audio, video, screen sharing
- Write a text message, share files and images
- Mute all participants via any client other than the Android mobile client
- Accept other incoming conference participation requests
Thank you for your rating.