Inviting someone to join a conference
You can invite others to join a conference so that they can participate in a voice, video or screen sharing session. For example, you might want to consult with another Circuit user in your company or invite a customer to join as a guest user. An invitation is sent to the users and they simply click the link or use the dial-in information to join the conference at the specified time. Guest users are currently unable to send text messages or share files during a conference.
- To select a group conversation or a Conference Bridge and invite someone to join it, perform the following:
On the web client and Desktop App, click in the conversation header, or clicktab.
On the iOS mobile client, tap and then tap.
On the Android mobile client, tap and then tap Conference Details.
The following information about the meeting will be displayed: conference URL, conference PIN and dial-in phone numbers.Note:
The Conference details are displayed in a group conversation or in a Conference Bridge and not in Communities.
- To copy the conference details, do the following:
On the web client and Desktop App, navigate to the Schedule a conference screen and click Copy details.
On the iOS mobile client, tap and select Copy details.
On the Android mobile client, tap and select Copy details.
The meeting information is copied. It includes the conference URL link for joining online, the dial-in phone numbers for the different countries and the conference PIN.
- Open your calendar application and find a time slot that works for all invited participants.
- Paste the information into a message or meeting invitation and send it to the person you want to invite.
- To copy the email addresses, navigate to the Schedule a conference screen (on your web client and Desktop App) and click Copy email addresses.
- Open your calendar application and find a time slot that works for all of your invited participants.
The email addresses will be copied to the clipboard, so that you can paste the information into a message or meeting invitation and send it to the persons you want to invite to the conference.
- To automatically create an email with the conference details, do the following:
On the web client and Desktop App, navigate to the Schedule a conference screen and click Create email with details.
On the iOS mobile client, from the Dial-in number, tap and select Email invitation.
On the Android mobile client, from the Conference details, tap and select Email.
The meeting information will be copied automatically to the email.Note:
If an email client is not configured on the mobile device, the Email details option will not be displayed.
To ensure that the guests of a previous conference will not have access to this conference, you can generate a new conference PIN and URL, by clicking or tapping Change details from thescreen.
The current participants of the conversation will be notified about the changes, so that they can communicate to the potential guests the new conference details (i.e. PIN and URL).
Guests cannot join the conference if guest access is disabled for conferences in the conversation. Also, the Conference details will not include a PIN and dial-in phone numbers.
Thank you for your rating.