Setting your desktop, mobile and audio notifications (web client and Desktop App)
You can set your desktop and mobile notifications for new messages you receive in Circuit and your audio notifications for events that occur within Circuit.
- On the web client and Desktop App, click your user name and then select Settings.
- Select the Notifications tab.
- Under Desktop notifications, select the type of messages that you want to receive notifications about on your desktop.
The options you have are:
All messages: You will be notified for any new message you receive in Circuit.
Direct messages: You will be notified when you receive a direct message, i.e. a message in a 1-to-1 conversation.
Mentions: You will be notified when someone mentions you.
Favorites: You will be notified when you receive a message in a favorite conversation.
Tick the check box before an item to either select or deselect that option.
Ticking the check box before All messages means that you want to get notifications for all messages so the other options are automatically selected. The options Direct messages, Mentions and Favorites can be only controlled when the All messages check box is un-ticked.
- Under Mobile notifications, select the type of messages that you want to receive notifications about on your mobile.
You have the same options as in the case of desktop notifications.
- Under Audio notifications, tick or un-tick the following:
- Message notifications: A sound is played when a notification for new messages is received.
- Incoming calls, video calls and screen sharing: A sound is played when you get incoming calls, video calls and screen sharing calls.
- Circuit system sound: A sound is played in case of Circuit system events (e.g., app started, conference started).
Thank you for your rating.