Testing my camera and microphone
To ensure that your microphone and camera are functioning properly for an important conference call, use the Test call feature. It allows you to perform a test End-to-end call and check the connection to our servers, as well as the setup of your devices. Based on the results you can for example, decide to use video conferencing or continue with audio-only conference (only if the connection quality is poor).
When using the Circuit web client for the first time, Chrome will request permission to access your camera and microphone (for details please refer to How do I allow Circuit to use my microphone and camera on Chrome?).
- To test whether your speaker, camera and microphone are working properly when using Circuit, do the following:
On the web client or Desktop App, click your user name and then click Settings.
On the iOS mobile client, tap , Settings and then Diagnostics.
- Click Audio/Video (on the web client or Desktop App) and then:
- under Audio output area, choose one of the audio devices from the drop-down list where you want the audio from Circuit voice conversations to be played. For more information, see How do I configure my audio devices for best results?
- under Ringing output area, choose one of the audio devices from the drop-down list that you want to ring when you get a call. For more information, see How do I configure my audio devices for best results?
- under Microphone area, choose one of the audio devices from the drop-down list.
- under Camera area, choose one of the video devices from the drop-down list.
- under Testing your connection area (on the web client or Desktop App) or under Diagnostics (on the iOS mobile client):
click or tap Audio test call to start an audio test call.
After the beep, speak into your microphone to record a short audio message that will be played back through the selected sound device.
click or tap Video test call to start a video test call.
After the beep, record a short video message that will be played back to you.
You can quickly check and change your audio output, microphone and camera device by clicking on the at the top of your Circuit application. You have to click Save for the changes to take effect. You can also be redirected toby clicking on More Options.
- If your microphone or camera is not working, check your browser settings, as described in How do I allow Circuit to use my microphone and camera on Chrome? and perform the tests again.
The guest users are also given the opportunity to test their audio and video before joining the call, by clicking test your microphone and camera from the Join conference screen.
47 people found this useful.
Me too / Not at all
Thank you for your rating.