Collaborating with people from other domains
You can communicate and collaborate with people from other Circuit domains. Similarly to what you do with people from your domain, you can have a conversation with them to virtually meet, chat, exchange ideas, and share information.
You can only have a conversation with externals that are registered in a Circuit domain belonging to the same system as yours, e.g., eu.yourcircuit.com or na.yourcircuit.com.
For security and privacy reasons you can only search for people from other Circuit domains by name, once you have had a conversation with them. Otherwise, you have to enter their Circuit username, usually their corporate email address, in order to find and add them to a conversation (direct, group conversation or Conference Bridge).
You cannot add people from other domains to a Community.
- To start a conversation with a person from another domain:
- Click or tap the green plus icon () and select Conversation on the web client, Desktop App and iOS mobile client, or New conversation on the Android mobile client:
- Type the name of the person(s) that you want to start a conversation with, or select the names from the list of recent contacts.
In the list of recent contacts, a green circle is shown around a person’s avatar to indicate that the person is Online/ Mobile - Online; a red circle indicates that the person is On a call/ Mobile - On a call or on Do not disturb mode; an orange circle indicates that the person is Away.Note:
If you want to start a conversation with a person from another domain that you never had a conversation with before, you need to type their Circuit username; this is, usually, their corporate email address.
As you type in, a list of suggested names is displayed to select from.
- In case you are creating a group conversation, type, optionally, a title for the conversation.
- To finish creating the conversation, click or tap Start on the web client, Desktop App and iOS mobile client, or tap on the Android mobile client:
To start a new direct conversation, you can click or tap on a user’s avatar (for example, in a conversation feed) and then click or tap Start a conversation.
- To add a person from another domain to an existing conversation, proceed as you would do with people from your domain, except the first time you are contacting the person where you need to use their Circuit username.
For more information, please refer to: Adding a participant to a direct conversation, https://www.circuit.com/unifyportalfaqdetail?articleId=35521 and Adding a participant to a group conversation or Conference Bridge, https://www.circuit.com/unifyportalfaqdetail?articleId=37218.
People from other domains have the word External appended to their names.
Thank you for your rating.