Starting a group conversation
A group conversation is a conversation between three or more participants. You can start a group conversation by adding more people to your existing 1-to-1 conversation. In a group conversation you can add and remove participants or leave the conversation at any time.
- To start a group conversation, do the following:
On the web client, click and then click Conversation.
On the iOS mobile client, tap and then tap Private conversation.
On the Android mobile client, tap and then tap New conversation.
- Type the names of two or more people that you want to start a conversation with or select the names from the list of recent contacts and then do the following: As you type in a person’s name, a list of suggested names is displayed along with the person’s status so that you quickly see if they are available.
- Type, optionally, a title for the conversation.
- To finish creating the conversation:
On the web client, click Start.
- On the iOS mobile client, tap Start.
On the Android mobile client, tap .
A new group conversation will be created.
If you add a third person to an existing 1-to-1 conversation, a new group conversation will be created. This ensures that your original conversation remains private and cannot be viewed by anyone else.
Thank you for your rating.