Starting a direct conversation
A direct conversation is a conversation with only two participants, i.e. you and one more participant.
- Click or tap the green plus icon () and
- on the web client and Desktop App select Direct
- on the iOS mobile client select New direct conversation ()
- on the Android mobile select New direct conversation () Note:
To start a new direct conversation click or tap on a user’s avatar (for example, in the conversation feed) and then click or tap Start a conversation.
If you add a third person to an existing direct conversation, a new group conversation will be created. This ensures that your original conversation remains private and cannot be viewed by anyone else.
- Type the name or email address of the person that you want to start a conversation with or select their names from the list of recent contacts.
In the list of recent contacts, a green circle is shown around a person’s avatar to indicate that the person is Online/ Mobile - Online; a red circle indicates that the person is On a call/ Mobile - On a call or on Do not disturb mode; an orange circle indicates that the person is Away.
As you type in a person’s name, a list of suggested names is displayed to select from.
- Click or tap Start on the web client, Desktop App and iOS mobile client, or tap on the Android mobile client.
Once you start a conversation with another person, all your communication (calls, video calls, messages) with that person is maintained in a single conversation feed and only you and that person can viewed it.
Thank you for your rating.