Adding a bot app in a domain
A bot is a server-side app designed to interact with Circuit users via conversation and is built using Circuit APIs.
You are the administrator of the domain or a user with developer read/write access rights.
You have enabled the OAuth Apps - Create/Edit capability feature in Circuit Labs.
There bot app limit has not been reached. You can see the limit and the already created apps in OAuth Apps tab.
As a domain administrator, you can add a bot app in the domain and create the bot user associated with it. Circuit uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication and authorization and supports most common OAuth 2.0 scenarios.
- On the web client and Desktop App, click your user name, and then click Administration.
- Click the OAuth Apps tab.
- Click Create.
- In the window that pops up, click on the arrow in the Bot frame for client credentials. Note:
If the maximum number of bots has been reached, the option to create a bot app is disabled.
- In the Create Bot window enter necessary information for Bot name, Description, Bot email address, Scopes, and Time to live.
In Scopes you can specify the various permission levels the app can request. The default value is All.
Time to live is the maximum time that the access token remains valid. The default value is Forever.
- When you finish entering information, click Add.
After creation, a screen appears with the Client ID, the unique identifier of the app that should be provided to the application developer.
The client secret appears the first time in this screen. If you go back to the app list and return later to this screen, the client secret is not shown.
Thank you for your rating.