Configuring conference dial-out
Domain administrators that have enabled Circuit Telephony Connector(s) are able to control whether users in their domain are allowed to dial-out directly to someone with a phone number and add them into a conference call in progress. By default, conference dial-out is allowed for every user in the domain. Domain administrators have the opportunity to restrict dial-out only to Circuit Telephony users or disable it at all.
Once conference dial-out is enabled, domain administrators can choose whether a prefix is to be automatically added to the dialed-out number. By default, no prefix is added. Domain administrators have the option to change this setting and specify the prefix of their choice. The company's voice platform can be then configured to have specific routing rules for calls to numbers starting with this prefix, i.e. specific rules for routing conference dial-out calls.
To configure conference dial-out to phones, proceed as follows:
- On the web client and Desktop App, click your user name and then click Administration.
- Click the Conferences tab.
- To enable conference dial-out, switch the Enable dial-out slider to ON (default).
- If conference dial-out is enabled:
- Control for whom this feature is enabled by choosing one of the following: For everyone or Only for users with telephony functionality.
- Specify whether to add a prefix to the dialed out number by choosing one of the following: No prefix (default) or Add prefix.
- If Add prefix is selected, enter the prefix you want to be automatically added to the dialed-out number.
Prefix must contain only the following characters: 0-9, *, and #.
- To disable conference dial-out, switch the Enable dial-out slider to OFF.
Thank you for your rating.